Spent the morning recording a podcast. Except that we just chatted and never got around to the actual interview. Then it was off to job talks and child chauffeuring….
- Tom Z. Collina doesn’t like the idea of a BMD system for the US east coast.
- Dan Drezner says that China is involved in a security dilemma with ASEAN. I’m not so sure: it looks to me like Beijing is being expansionist and that’s provoking its neighbors.
- Noorjahan Akbar reports on civil-society building in Afghanistan.
- Australia will abstain on the Palestine recognition vote at the UN.
- Robert McMillan and Spencer Ackerman discuss the ongoing “cyberwar” between Israel and Hamas.
- David S. Meyer reflects on the role of nudity in political protest.
- P O’Neil on interwar public debt in the UK and France… and GDP growth.
- SF Signal on the re-release of Morcock’s Nomads of the Time Stream series.
- More unsound anti-gay parenting analysis from the usual suspects.