- The horrific and systematic killing of the Shia in Pakistan continues in full swing.
- Sunil Dasgupta asks: “How will India Respond to Civil War in Pakistan” (h/t C. Barwa)
- General Musharraf has promised (again) that he is coming back to rescue Pakistan… But will it be the crazy, try-to-provoke-a-nuclear-war-with-India Gen. Musharraf or think-outside-of-the-box and try to resolve the Kashmir dispute Pres. Musharraf? Does anyone in Pakistan still care about him?
- Arif Rafiq looks at Pakistan’s Powerful Chief Justice, Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry. Did you know that Pakistan’s Supreme Court has its own theme song? (Don’t give Roberts and especially Scalia any ideas…)
- Meanwhile, the Pakistani Air Force has high hopes for the Winter Olympics… (h/t F. Khan). This reminds me of watching the kids in Leh, Kashmir playing ice hockey. Who knows in a generation or two, South Asians could actually be competitive in several different sports in the Winter Olympics.
- Mohsin Hamid discusses his new novel with Wajahat Ali (with the cringe-worthy article title…) “Pakistan: Not Just India’s Unhinged Sister.”
- Mariya Karimjee writes, “In conservative Pakistan, everybody must get stoned.” Hmm… well, it’s not your typical story about Pakistan these days…
- Finally, this is apparently what the Beatles Yellow Submarine would have looked like if it went through a Pakistani truck stop.
Photo: Fulvous Whistling Duck found across the world’s tropical regions, including in Pakistan. Source: Wikipedia