- Chemical weapons are alleged to have been used on civilians in Benue State, Nigeria.
- Daily Kos on why the protests in Taiwan are being under-covered.
- I have mixed feelings about this Guardian photo-story about children born to genocidal rape survivors in Rwanda, but it’s well worth a look.
- Hawaii has become the first US state legislature to put forth a bill banning the use of lethal autonomous weapons.
- International Studies Quarterly’s new and very blog-like website is now up and running, with a symposium revisiting Yosef Lapid’s “Third Debate.” Check it out.
- Harvard study: dressing down and sticking out can signal status in academia.
- Visualizing procrastination.
- Cryogenics has arrived.
- Cylons over Texas.
- This visualization of how “the world’s most brilliant people spent their days” is quite thought provoking… and extraordinarily gendered.