|James Hill for The New York Times|
- The game theory of Olympic Badminton, from Quantitative Peace and Jordan Ellenberg.
- At e-ir, Tanzil Chowdhury says that intervention is never justified — because of imperialism and messiness and all that.
- Amartya Sen places the European crisis within the context of the Great Convergence (via 3QD).
- China moves forward on its SSBN program, and in the South China Sea.
- Mark Byrnes ruminates on Churchill and modern American conservatism.
- Evgeny Morozov overkills TED (via Blood & Treasure).
- Ken Macleod on the present and the future imaginary in science fiction.
- Andre Liptak on adapting (over and over again) Philip K. Dick (via his blog).
- Should The Duck be our official blog bar?