The sixth episode of the Duck of Minerva Podcast just went live. In it, I and PTJ discuss academic administration before turning to the foreign-policy rhetoric of the 2012 campaign. This leads to under-developed ideas about American cultural identity, liberal order, Europe’s troubles, and why supplanting trans-Atlanticism with trans-Pacificism isn’t gonna be easy.
- Dan and PTJ Blather about Admin Stuff
- The Foreign Policy Rhetoric of the 2012 Campaign
- Can American Culture Handle Relative Decline?
- Would a Commitment to Liberal Order Work?
- From Liberal Order to Liberal “Space”
- The Impact of Europe’s Crisis on American Identity
- Trans-Pacificism is a Hard Sell
- Dan and PTJ Engage in Self-Congratulatory Claptrap
- End Matter
A reminder: I am running the podcast feed on a separate blog. You can subscribe to our podcasts either via that blog’s Feedburner feed or its original atom feed (to do so within iTunes, go to “Advanced” and then choose “Subscribe to Podcast” and paste the feed URL). Individual episodes may be downloaded from the Podcasts tab.
Comments or thoughts on either this podcast or the series so far? Leave them here.