|It is Difficult to Produce “Morning Linkage” While Occupied by a Large Cat|
- Mona El-Ghobashy on the emerging relationship between President Mursi and SCAF in Egypt (via Laleh Khlelili)
- Covering the Syrian civil war (via Marc Lynch).
- Joshua Foust and Ashley S. Boyle have a report (PDF) on the “strategic context” of drone warfare (via Chris Fair).
- Phil Arena weighs in on the great “terrorism experts” debate.
- Ken MacLeod takes Neal Stephanson to task: “Stephenson, in my view, has got the problem exactly backwards. There’s no shortage of grand visions of technically practicable and/or boldly innovative projects, in SF and in the imaginations of engineers and scientists themselves. The reasons why they’re not implemented, or even seriously proposed, are social, economic, and political.”