|Does this cat think that he’s a duck?
Photo: Dan Nexon
- Asian maritime disputes roundup: background on Diaoyu/Senkaku and on the Southern Kuril Islands; what happened when Chinese ships sailed into the waters around Dioayu/Senkaku.
- Dan Trombly: “Benghazi and Diplomacy’s Hard Power.”
- Peter Rutland discusses rising Armenia-Azerbaijan tensions. If you’re not paying attention, you should be. Baku believes that all its shiny new military equipment (paid for with carbon dollars) give it a growing strategic advantage.
- Stephen Lacey notes that eighty percent of the US is “now in some form of drought.”
- The always excellent Marc Lynch offers his thoughts on the attacks in Libya and Egypt. More thoughts from Issandr el Amrani.
- Gary King and Maya Sen have an interesting working paper on the “Troubled Future of Colleges and Universities.”
- Details on C.J. Cherryh’s Pell Station, from her excellent 1982 Hugh-award winning Downbelow Station.
- For those of you who were puzzled by my two-post foray into hyper-partisan fisking: I was home sick yesterday.