- The New York Times reports Western studios are giving Chinese censors early access to their films.
- Wikipedia’s background on Chinese film censorship.
- Alyssa Rosenberg discussed this in June.
- Some Chinese directors don’t like censorship
- Some in Taiwan are suspicious of cross-strait media deals
- More traditional censorship of Chinese media persists (more, more)
- But the media can now report on (appalling) air quality and the government might be seeking to reduce air pollution
- And Dan Drezner updates on China’s non-leverage via U.S. debt holdings.
Lots of links, but only one country. That’s how we roll sometimes.