It’s so disorienting to be posting on a Wednesday!
I’d like to begin with a bleg: I’m in the market for a platform that allows for easy screencasting. In other words, if you wanted to have 6 to 10 users simultaneously viewing a series of slides, but you thought that Google Hangout was just a little too laggy, what would you use? Comment below or email rpm47 atsign georgetown period edu.
- Via Inside Higher Ed, cell biologists slam the impact factor.
- Did a Fox News reporter hurt U.S. security by disclosing that Washington had a high-level DPRK mole? I thought this was the sort of thing conservatives believed was an exception to the First Amendment. (Also TPM, Jack Shafer) [Kevin Drum]
- China is preparing for war on the high seas; the U.S. Navy is prepared to bomb the Taliban, not men-o’-war [The Diplomat]
- Jay Ulfelder marks his beliefs to market and talks about how he got Syria wrong.
- Rafsanjani disqualified from running for Iranian presidency [Suffragio]
- Adobe is about to become as costly and as beloved as journal publishers: subscriptions to replace licenses for software. [Inside Higher Ed]