- Richard Betts cuts to the core of Obama’s challenge on Syria: “To the extent that any policy is strategically sensible, it is unlikely to be politically palatable; to the extent that a policy can be accepted as politically legitimate, it is unlikely to be of much strategic merit.”
- I can’t see how Obama is going to secure Congressional support — here are the latest numbers.
- Here are some numbers on public opinion from around the world.
- Samantha Powers’ comments yesterday at the UN.
- Richard Price thinks the chemical weapons taboo will hold without a strike.
- Memories of Kosovo: President Obama is already asking for an expanded targeting list.
- US is withdrawing non-essential personnel and families from the US consulate in Adana, Turkey and from Lebanon due to elevated threats.
- My colleague and former Dean, Chris Benfey reflects on the passing of Seamus Heaney. Heaney’s poems were the most astute and profound commentaries on the condition in Northern Ireland.