A little late Friday morning reading:
- Moving toward a Syrian Tribunal? Several former tribunal prosecutors will introduce their draft resolution on October 3 calling for one.
- Leslie Vinjamuri explains why she thinks the UNSC is wise not to refer Syria to the ICC.
- Research from our friends at Political Violence at a Glance making more news.
- Speaking of PV@ataGlance, Joe Young has a good piece on al-Shabab.
- More baby steps in the effort to get control of the global small arms trade.
- Things are not going well in Iraq — street battles between current and former terrorist militias.
- Canada’s prized Pearson Centre for Peacekeeping is closing its doors. From Kevin McGarr, President and CEO of the Pearson Centre: “It is with sadness that I announce that the Pearson Centre is in the process of closing its operations. Details of the closure are being finalized and will be shared in due course. The Pearson Centre is fully committed to meeting its current obligations and we will be contacting clients and partners in the coming days to discuss specific projects and activities.”